TeamCity 5.1 Upgrade: The requested class "net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver" not found.
When upgrading TeamCity to version 5.1 (with .NET 4.0 support!), I encountered the following issue:
The requested class "net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver" not found.
You’ll get this issue when you use a MSSQL databases. But I guess it will be the same for Oracle, MySQL, Sybase…
The reason for this issue is a breaking change in the directory structure. The database drivers should be located in an other directory.
Documentation: Since TeamCity 5.1, put the driver jar(s) into
Required steps to solve the issue:
- Run TeamCity and it should crash (but it will write the current data directory to the log file)
- Find your current data directory: Go to your TeamCity directory and open teamcity-server.log under logs.
You should get something like this (this is your data directory):
[2010-05-25 12:50:25,682] INFO – dServer.serverSide.ServerPaths – TeamCity data directory: D:/Continuous Integration/TeamCity Configuration/
Browse to that path and create a directory named lib and under lib you should create the directory jdbc
- Download the jtds package
- Extract it and copy jtds-1.2.5.jar to your jdbc directory.
- Restart the TeamCity Web Service
This should have solved your upgrade issue.